If you are viewing the article titled Sushmita Mukherjee Wiki, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More on the website C3kienthuyhp Biography, there are a few convenient ways to navigate through the content. You can scroll down and read each section at your own pace. If you are in a rush or looking for specific information, you can click on the table of contents. This will instantly direct you to the exact section that contains the information you need most urgently.
Sushmita Mukherjee is an Indian actor, screenwriter, and playwright.
Sushmita Mukherjee, also known as Sushmita Bundela Mukherjee and Sushmita Devi, was born on 20 August in New Delhi. She is best-known for her portrayal of the role of Kitty in the detective TV serial “Karamchand.” She began her career in the early 1980s. Mukherjee has done over sixty films. She is best known for portraying negative roles. Apart from being an actor, Sushmita is also a writer, screenwriter, and playwright.
- Height (Approx.): 5′ 1″
Sushmita Mukherjee was born into a Brahmin Family in Delhi. Her father was in government service.
In 1978, Sushmita tied the knot with film director Sudhir Mishra. However, the couple parted ways.
Sushmita married actor, producer, activist, and politician Raja Bundela in 1993. The couple has two sons, Rudransh and Rudranuj Bundela. Her elder son is in Advertising whereas her younger son is pursuing his PhD from New Zealand.
Sushmita Mukherjee studied at Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi. In 1980, after completing her post-graduation, she enrolled herself in the National School of Drama and learnt acting from 1980 to 1983. When she was around 15 years old, she joined Barry John’s Theatre Group.
She made her debut in 1987 with “Yeh Woh Manzil To Nahin” alongside Naseeruddin Shah.
She came into the spotlight when she appeared in the role of Kitty in the detective serial “Karamchand.”
Sushmita Mukherjee has worked in more sixty films. She is best-known for her portrayal of negative and supporting roles. She has appeared in the movies like ‘Main Zinda Hoon’, ‘Khalnayak’, ‘King Uncle’, ‘Sir’, ‘Dillagi’, ‘Kyaa Kool Hai Hum’, ‘Golmaal’, ‘Ugly Aur Pagli, ‘Dostana’, and many more. She remains busy most of the times since she does theatre with her husband Raja Bundela.
In 2006, she appeared as ‘blind Mangala Dadi’ in the movie “Golmaal,” which won her great appreciation.
In 2008, she marked her entry into Hollywood and appeared in the movie “The Other End Of The Line” which also starred Shriya Saran and Jesse Metcalf.
Besides working in Bollywood movies, Sushmita Mukherjee has also acted in a number of television serials. She has even written the scripts of various shows.
In 2018, Mukherjee appeared in the TV mini-series “Imperfect.”
In 2019, she acted in Amazon Prime’s web-series “Mind The Malhotras” in which Cyrus Sahukar and Mini Mathur played the lead roles.
Sushmita Mukherjee worked as a script assistant for Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s movie “Khamosh.” In 2018, she debuted as a writer with her novel “Mee and Juhibaby.” It took her eleven years to complete the book.
She manages her husband’s production house “Prayas Production.” Sushmita Mukherjee also runs her NGO “Rudrani Kalagram” which is an art village in Madhya Pradesh.
She won the NFDC (National Film Development Corporation of India) Award for writing the scripts of “Kalashri” and “Nati.”
- Her husband, Raja Bundela, was her senior at NFDC.
- She used to stay at Pandara Road, New Delhi.
- Mukherjee’s hobbies include writing and travelling.
- Her favourite actress is Meryl Streep. Mukherjee would love to portray all of Meryl Streep’s roles.
- She portrayed thirty characters in her play “Nari Bai.”
- Sushmita is inspired by the Indian dramatist and theatre director Badal Sircar.
- Her parents wanted her to become a teacher or an IAS Officer.
- Sushmita Mukherjee is still remembered for her role of Kity in “Karamchand.” She said that people still refer to her as “Kitty.” Since she acted in the serial before her sons were born, they find it quite amusing when someone refers to her as “Kitty.”
- Such was her popularity that people used to turn up at her mother’s home to meet “Kitty.”
- Her second husband Raja Bundela belongs to one of the Royal houses of the Lalitpur district in Uttar Pradesh.
- Mukherjee has done ghost-writing for television shows, plays. She has also penned down short stories. Moreover, she also writes for her husband’s production house.
- She was not very happy when the role of “Kitty” landed to her. She was quoted saying, “Back in the day, when the role did come to me, I was very upset. Kitty is a bimbette and I, who had just moved to Bombay after studying at the National School of Drama (NSD), was not keen to play a ‘dumb’ character. I was extremely unhappy but took the role to survive in this city. But in retrospect, I am glad to have been a part of a landmark show that made me an overnight success.”
- Sushmita Mukherjee used to excel in academics when she was a student.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read and follow the article titled Sushmita Mukherjee Wiki, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More on in.c3kienthuyhp.edu.vn. We truly appreciate your support and we hope that you found the information provided to be helpful and valuable. If you have any thoughts, comments, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or review. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and it will help us improve our website and make it even more beneficial for everyone. Once again, thank you for your continued support and we sincerely hope that you will spread the word about our website to others who may find it useful as well.